Pension Fund Executive Director Search
The Cook County Annuity and Benefit Fund and the Forest Preserve District Annuity and Benefit Fund of Cook County (the “Funds”) are statutory pension funds, served by a single board of trustees, in Cook County, Illinois. The Funds assets are approximately $7.5 billion and serve approximately 22,000 active and 15,000 retired members. We are looking for an Executive Director with a unique blend of strategic leadership skills, financial expertise, and administrative acumen to lead the Funds. This position reports to the Retirement Board of Trustees and has general oversight of approximately 29 employees in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. Information on the Funds can be obtained at www.cookcountypension.com
Our ideal Executive Director candidate will have:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, political science, law, or related fields
- Knowledge of and experience with pension fund investment structures and modern portfolio theory
- Significant experience at the executive level in pension fund administration, including asset management, benefit administration, and the statutory and regulatory aspects of such management and administration
- Significant experience in managing, developing and motivating staff
- Knowledge of benefit design, actuarial valuations, actuarial funding methods, alternative methods of investment management, financial reporting, accounting, and automated systems
- Substantial experience working with state legislatures and other public bodies
- Experience working with a board or trustees
Position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest on or before July 9, 2012 to:
Burke Burns & Pinelli, Ltd.
The Cook County and Forest Preserve District Funds are an equal opportunity employer.