Financial Hardship

We are often asked: “If I have a financial hardship, can I withdraw my contributions or my spouse contributions while I am still employed?”

The answer to this is, unfortunately, no.

Your pension contributions and your spouse contributions may not be withdrawn in whole or in part while you are still employed. Your contributions are preserved by the Cook County Pension Fund in order to provide you and any current or future spouse with a retirement benefit.

You may only apply for a Full Refund if you resign from employment for 30 or more days, and you are not eligible for a pension.