How to Enroll / Disenroll

How to Enroll or Change Coverage

Upon your retirement from Cook County or Forest Preserve employment, you may be eligible to enroll in the Cook County Pension Fund’s (CCPF) retiree Health Plan.

If you are eligible for coverage you may complete an application when you retire or, if after retirement, during the annual open enrollment period. Once you are enrolled, you can make changes to your coverage during our annual open enrollment period in November, by completing an enrollment change form.

While the election for coverage or changes to your coverage are usually made at retirement or during the annual open enrollment period, you may also elect coverage or make a change to your coverage when you have a qualifying event.

If you have a qualified change in status due to one of the following events, you may be eligible to elect coverage or adjust your coverage because of that change. Qualifying events include:

  • Marriage, divorce, or legal separation
  • Death
  • Becoming Medicare eligible
  • Birth or adoption
  • Loss of other employer coverage

Enrollment / Change Forms

How to Discontinue Coverage

If you enroll in the Health Plan, you may suspend your coverage at any time. Enrollment for any covered dependents automatically terminates when you elect to suspend coverage. Submit a Suspension of Health Coverage form by the 15th of the month for coverage termination to be effective the 1st of the following month.

If you discontinue or suspend coverage, you may only re-enroll during the annual open enrollment period in November. However, you can re-enroll at any time if you have been covered by an employer’s health plan through your own employment or your spouse’s employment and lost that coverage, you must re-enroll within 30 days of loss of coverage).

Return your completed application by mail, fax, or in person

Cook County Pension Fund
Attn: Health Benefits
70 W. Madison St, Suite 1925
Chicago, IL 60602


Fax: (312) 603-9760