Waiving Coverage

If you are eligible for the health benefits* coverage offered by the Cook County Pension Fund (CCPF), you may waive coverage when you retire and may have the option to enroll at a future date as described below.

Waiver of Health Benefits Coverage (New Retirees Only)

If you waive coverage when you apply for annuity benefits, you may elect health benefits enrollment for yourself and any eligible dependents during the annual open enrollment held each November. You may enroll at any time if you have had other health coverage (such as a spouse’s employer’s plan) and lose that coverage. However, you must submit proof of loss of other coverage to CCPF within 30 days of losing coverage.)