Getting Married

When you get married, your new spouse becomes your primary beneficiary whether designated or not. This avails your new spouse to benefits of the Cook County Pension Fund (CCPF), including surviving spouse benefits, Death Benefits and, if applicable, continuation of health benefits when retired.

What Should you do When you get Married?

We ask that you submit the following so we may update your pension records:

  1. Update your designation of beneficiary by completing a Designation of Beneficiary Form.
  2. Submit a copy of your marriage certificate to CCPF.
  3. If you were previously married, it is always good to send us a copy of any former divorce decree to update our records and to protect your interests.

You can Submit Forms by Mail or fax.

Submit Forms by Mail:

Cook County Pension Fund
70 West Madison Street
Suite 1925
Chicago, IL 60602

Submit Forms by Fax:

Fax: (312) 603-9760

If you are retired, your spouse may be eligible for health benefits coverage. It is suggested that you contact CCPF staff at (312) 603-1200 for eligibility rules.